About 15 Java leaders around the world attended the conference (Stephan Janssen, Daniel deOliveira, Van Riper, Dario Laverde, Bert Breeman, John Yeary.... and Bruno from SouJava who was nominate by Oracle to the JCP Executive Committee... Congratulations Bruno!) vs 140+ Oracle User Groups «President». To be honest, I was a bit suspicious about the Oracle UG communities which is Product oriented vs the JUGs Technology oriented.
But surprise !! The conference was a success on the whole. It was a really great event regarding organization, content and openness and the respect from each user group (Oarcle UG and JUG). I was able to share ideas with some IOUC leaders about running a UG Community and networking as well on what works, and what doesn't. All in a very casual atmosphere. For the JUG Leaders it was also the very valuable quality time to be together in the same place for 3 days VIP Treatment. I can't image how it will be when more JUG Leaders will attend this meeting!
My favorite sessions and unSessions :
- 12- UnConference (a success !)
- Overview of the Java agenda (by Steve Harris)
- Additional contents for JEE 7 (Roberto Chinnici)
- Usability tour in Oracle Headquarters
- The future of JavaOne 2011 and 2011
- Sure, we will present JUG-AFRICA at IOUC Summit 2011 (International Oracle User Group Committee).
- We will volunteer to assist the JavaOne conference team 2011 and 2012
- Oracle Technology Network will be the Platinum Sponsor of JCertif 2011
(the biggest Java Community Conference in Central Africa)
- Oracle will send Speaker at JCertif 2011