This session covers issues of relevance to national, regional, and continental JUGs. In particular,
it focuses on the issues JUG-AFRICA faces and how it solves them. Regional and continental umbrella JUGs are relatively new structures.
They have specific global and local concerns such as :
- - Language and cross-cultural communication (French, English, Portuguese, and Arabic)
- - Coordination
- - Accessing technical resources
- - Getting speakers and sponsors
- - Remote training
- - Running synchronized events across a continent
- - School and education programs
- - Importance of technical labs
Session ID: 29680
Session Title: Running a Successful Umbrella JUG or Regional JUG
Venue / Room: Moscone West - 2024
Date and Time: 10/2/11, 13:30 - 14:15
See you there !