I have just created JUG-AFRICA wich will be an umbrella Java User Group (JUG) for the entire continent that country JUGs or individual JUGs can affiliate with.
Like Congo JUG, Togo JUG, RDC-JUG (Kinshasa) and Cameroon JUG are on the track to join JUG-AFRICA.
Why JUG-AFRICA ?
The idea behind JUG-AFRICA is to allow JUGs located within Africa to collaborate globally in ways that will ultimately benefit Java developer
JUG-AFRICA is intended to promote communication between JUGs across
Individual JUGs will continue to function normally. Affiliation does not in any way involve subordination of local JUGs under JUG-AFRICA. JUG-AFRICA exists solely to serve and support the Affiliated JUGs.
Some benefits to think about :
- Help new JUGs to grow and introducing JUG Leaders to JUG-Leaders mailing list.
- Organizing regional events throughout the continent
- Searching for sponsors and speakers
- Negotiating bulk discounts (for events, books, courses, certifications etc.) which can be made available to all Affiliates.
- Designate a member of your JUG to serve as JUG-AFRICA Contact
- To subscribe JUG-AFRICA Contact to the email@example.com mailing list
PS : Thanks JUG-USA for the inspiration.